Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The 39 Clues, Into the Gauntlet book, 10

The 39 Clues series

Margret Peterson Haddix

2010, Scholastic

Realistic fiction, action, mystery, clues.

Reading level grades 4-7, content 7 ½ -15 there are a few injuries that might disturb littler kids.

If you liked the 39 clues series read this book.

The 39 Clues, book 10, Into the Gauntlet is about Amy and Dan Cahill who were ordinary kids until they were whisked into the clue hunt to find something that gives you so much power, you can rule the world. Their journey is almost at an end, and the last clue leads them somewhere that is not on the map. So, they decide to go check it out, and sure enough, there is an island! But when they get there, they realize they are not alone.

If I were a Cahiill, I would have NOT joined the clue hunt. 2 million $$ is good for me, I don’t even want to rule the world!

SPOILERS!!!! I think when Isabell is knocked out they should have just killed her so then she wouldn’t terrorize them anymore.

I liked this book because it had a good balance between action and mystery.

I rate it 7 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: WN, 8/8/2014