Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Out of my mind

Sharon M. Draper

2010 Simon & Schuster

Fiction

Reading level grades 5-6, content ages 10+ because this book is very sad and frustrating. Final rating : E 10+

Out of my mind is a sad, wonderful story about Melody, a 11 year old girl who loves words. But in all her life, she has never said a single one. When people see her, they don’t see the genius they should see, instead they see a tiny girl in a pink wheel chair with a disorder. Melody knows so much, but she can’t tell people about it. That is until she finds something that finally gives her a voice.

SPOILERS!!!! My favorite part is when Melody gets the talking machine. I felt so happy for her.

SPOILERS!!!!! I hated it when the team leaves her and when Penny gets run over. It was so sad.

It is awesome that by the end of the book Melody has a voice.

I liked this book so much I can’t even say why I like it. Just take my advice and go to the library and read it. You will love it.

I rate it 10 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: WN, 8/11/2014