Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Apothecary

Series: Yes

Author: Maile Meloy

Genre: Adventure, Realistic fiction

Age Range: 11-16, Reading Level: 5th-10th grade

If you liked this book, try: Mysterious Benedict Series, Percy Jackson, Gregor The Overlander series, Leven Thumps.

This is an engaging tale about a 14 year-old girl named Janie who moves to London after her parents are deep in trouble with the U.S.A. There, she meets a mysterious boy named Bejaman. Together, they uncover a secret that should have stayed secret. Join the young adventures, and some interesting people they met, on the adventure of at least 10 lifetimes.

I love it when they capture the atomic boom with the net. I like how it symbolizes however bad things are, life will try and try again to throw you a lifeline, and it is up to you to grab it.

There is one startling death in the book, and it mentions a lot of blood and dramatic tension.

My highlight of this story must have been the birl elixir. I am wowed how Malie managed to capture all the hopes and dreams in a tiny bottle.

I liked this book because I LOVE adventure, action, and dramatic books, and this book captures this all.

I rate it 9 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: AN, 8/12/2014