Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Remarkable Benjamin Frainklin

Cheryl Harness

National Geographic, 2005

Nonfiction, history

Grades 4-6

One evening in Josaih Frainklin’s shop, a cry of a new born baby rang out in to the night. This was the newborn Ben Franklin, a baby who would grow up to be a great man. Ben went to school, but his family ran out of money. So Ben went to work with his brothers in a print shop in exchange for money, and learn in important trade. Later in his life, Ben discovered electricity, joined the local militia, and at age 51 he was a great scientist and an unofficial colonial ambassador. Ben did many more things in his life, but you will have to read to find out.

I thought it was sad because his friend died right when everything was going so well.

I think we should look up to Ben because he just stood tall when everyone laughed at him.

I like this book because I can connect to the problem of the Revolutionary War to, because I would be MAD if the Britains came and taxed me on stuff.

I rate it 7 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: WN, 7/21/2014