Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: A Tangle of Knots

No, this book is not a series.

Author: Lisa Graff

Publisher: Scholastic Publish date: 2013

Genre: Fiction, Adventure

Age range: 10-12

If you enjoyed this book, try these: Little House, PIE, How To Train Your Dragon.

Join the adventure of a wisp of a girl who’s Talent is baking cakes, a old woman who forgot her past, and a very desperate girl who’s talent remains unseen, and a young boy who goes missing from his loving family. These people don’t seem like much, but when they meet, they form a rag-tag team that will do anything to have his mother’s peanut butter recipe. ANYTHING. These unlikely heroes, and unlikely villains, are the light and heart of this fabulous book.

I loved it when the tall man crashes his hot-air balloon into the apartment. I thought that it was extremely funny and I found it hilarious when the same man helps them achieve their goal.

I loved the chameleon character because all of us sometimes just want to live a different life, and we have enough responsibility to take a deep breath and get up again, but this man felt that he needed a new start, so that is what he did, But in the end, I am glad that he confessed.

I loved this book because I love books that I can read and kind of fall into, and this book is one. Too bad it was so short, though!

I rate it 10 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: AN, 8/7/2014