Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Artemis Fowl, the graphic novel

Artemis Fowl, the graphic novel series

Eion Colfer, Andrew Donkin

Art by Giovanni Rigano, color by Palo Lamanna

2007, HYPERION. DBG

Fiction, fantasy, action

Reading level grades 4-6 content 9-13 because there is lots of blood near the end.

If you liked Artemis Fowl, read the graphic novels! It’s worth it!

Artemis Fowl the graphic novel is a great comic for fans of the books. The book is all about a young evil master mind whose name is Artemis Fowl. His warped mind has been working and studying for one thing, and that thing is to capture a fairy. He travels to Ho Chi Minh city to find their book, or bible because it contains all their secrets. He does, and learns that all fairies have to recharge all their magic at an ancient tree he goes there, and waits for a fairy to arrive.

It bothered me how Butler continually hit the troll 7 times with a mace, then shot it 7 more times. And when it was defeated, he was going to shoot it in the face. Why?

My highlight for today is Artemis. I just noticed that at the beginning he was evil, and by the end he was nice. Kind of.

I liked this book because I am a good fan of the books and I thought it was interesting to see all the characters drawn.

I rate it 8 out of 10

WRITTEN BY: WN, 7/22/2014