Monday, September 1, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Accidental Hero

CAUTION: READ AT RISK OF SPOILERS

Series Title: Jack Blank Adventures

Author: Matt Myklsch

Genre: Adventure, Fiction, Fantasy

Suggested age range: 10-14 years     Reading level: 4th- 8th

(If you liked this book, try this: How To Train Your Dragon, The Apothecary, The Land Of Stories, and the rest of the Jack Blank Adventures.)

This book is a FABLOUS story about a young boy named Jack Blank. Or rather, Jack I-Don’t-Know-My-Last-Name. He was dropped off at a HORRIBLE orphanage that’s one goal is to make his life miserable. But when a thing from one of his stolen comics comes to life and try’s to kill him, he is swept away to a place called the Imagine Nation. Will he fit in, or is he soon to be singled out? Why does Skeren hate him so much? My highlight is Jazen, because he is so kind to Jack when others are not, for taking care of him, and for sticking up to Smart when he wants to dissect Jack.
I LOVED this book because it had all of his favorite comic-book heroes in the Imagine Nation, and to me, that would be a dream come true.

I rate it 9.99999 out of 10






WRITTEN BY: AN, August 22, 2014.